Saturday, August 29, 2009

MIA back in action

Ok, so it has been a long time since I wrote, both here and for any of my works in progress. But I got a reminder this morning from a fellow writer who follows this blog and lives right down the street. So here I am. I actually had a brain storm for a new novel...that makes four wip, but hey, I have so many voices going I am eager for any of them to talk. I hit a dry spell after I recieved the rejection letter of all times for me. I had sent out the first three chapters to an agent who had requested it and waited four months to hear from her. When I recieved the chapters back with the rejection letter, I was pissed. Not because I was rejected, but because there was no evidence of the agent even turning the pages and the rejection letter appeared to be a form letter! Perhaps this is standard now, but from what I have heard many agents at least used to make a few notes and state what they thought was wrong. Not just "your voice didn't speak to me as I had hoped."....As I hoped? Doubt it. So I am a bit bitter about agents right now and have set my first manuscript aside. I have changed my writing a lot since I finished that novel and perhaps will someday go back to it and get it published after I published every other novel I finish! Isn't that what a lot of authors do?

This new friend who I don't know much about also trains horses, so Kristina - thanks for getting me off my butt and back in the saddle!

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment