Tuesday, February 17, 2009

revise revise revise

I am experiencing something new with Don't Touch. It is not panning out to be as long as I want, so I am going back and adding more in... It is very different from On Loan - that just flew out of me, I guess you could say that Pru was very talkative. Ella is quite different. She is not so quick to open up, but that is part of who she is. It is great to be able to flush her out with someone else. Michael was doing it this morning and it has left me with a lot to think about. It is hard sometimes though, I want to talk to other romancers...he is a sci-fi/horror - not exactly the same stuff or the same format really.

I am very excited this week - I have two writer's group meetings. This will be the first time that I have any contact like this since High School. Thursday is for a local group that is made up of all kinds of writers. They sound pretty fun loving, so we will see...I just don't want to go to a "pity me" or "I can do better than you" meeting. It needs to be more of a support group - I can see it now - Hi, My name is Robin, I have been writing for 2 years." No, not the aa thing...I hope!

the second one is with my Romance Writer's group and I am so psyched about it. I have talked to a couple of ladies via email and can't wait to meet up with them. I am thinking about sending the first Chapter of Don't Touch to a couple of them for input....we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment