Monday, February 16, 2009

Write brain exercise day ten

Use the directional words as you get them. Start with:
Just like the little red caboose my son is slowly making progress. I don't think he'll give up easily. Each day his speech gets a little better, a little clearer. We have battled aproxia for over two years. Two years of special school and speech therapy. It doesn't seem right, to put a little boy through all this, to rob him of some part of his childhood. What's left is struggle, attempts to be understood, to communicate with others who don't know him. Some times he is stronger than me. He continues to try, to repeat himself, communitcate in different ways. They say he'll learn somewhere down the road. he'll be like the others; he'll play and talk like the others. Someday, like the little red caboose, he'll say I know I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment