Saturday, January 17, 2009

I've joined the world of blogging

I'm writer so I should have a blog right? For those of you who don't my writing side here is the rundown. After taking some time off from work this summer, I begin to have an idea form in my head. The first scene ran in my mind for months until finally my dear friend Shelly convinced me to write it down. 70,000 words later I have a novel. I sit on it for a while, write short stories, submit to magazines and e-zines - get one published - check it out - http://www.alongstoryshort.net/roommates.html Now, for those of you who know me, you know my genre. For those who don't - it's romance all the way.

So here is the status of my writing career, which I must say has taken on a new life since I kissed the pain in the **** job of mine good bye (not by choice though) I have completed one novel - ON LOAN and have submitted it to several agents - hard to keep track and have thus far recieved three rejections - you would think I would be disappointed, but guess what? I am not - I am excited. Everything I read, everyone I talk to says it takes a massive amount of rejections to get to that acceptance - so here is my view - I am three more closer. Did you know that the Harry Potter books were rejected by hundreds of agents? Bet they are kicking themselves now. I look at it the same way. Have no fear - I will autograph everyone's book.

Ok, so maybe ON LOAN won't get published. That is ok, cause DON'T TOUCH will. book number two is well under way. I am still reading book number 1 and constantly making changes. I submit it to an agent and then go "Crap, missed that mistake." I'll give you a run down of both on a separte entry - don't want to write too much here.

So I need to deal with three kids, a broken car and edit a novel - AGAIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment