Friday, January 23, 2009

Write brain exercise day five

Use you imagination - the page has a shape of a sail boat the job today is to fill it up with words, starting with "The ship's Sail:"
So here is mine and it barely fit...

The ship’s sail is much like the creative part of the brain. It is anchored carefully to the rest of the ship but it is also very flexible. Depending on which way you turn it, it will give you a lot of wind and speed or none at all. The outside influence of the wind also plays a part. Creativity is driven by both the outside influence (take this book for instance) and by the direction within. If you don’t open yourself up and look inside, the creative part of you will never blossom. Controlling the ship and sail also takes skill and practice. So does creativity. You may have it in you, but if you can’t get it out, then what’s the point? Take me – I can see beautiful images in my head, but please don’t ask me to draw them – no skill and no desire to practice. Now ask me to describe it….Give me a pen. We all have creativity within us. We just need to figure out how to adjust the sail to pick up the right amount of wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment