Thursday, January 29, 2009

writer's block???

My appologies, I have not written for a few days. I have not written a single word. A friend of mine was tellling me today about a book she read. The author stated that there are three types of happiness - the first is euphoric - instant gratification. You know the buzz from coffee, the enjoyment of a movie. That kind of thing. The second is more of a contentment from a good day. Nothing went terribly wrong, had a pleasant day with kids or whatever it is that makes you happy. The third is long term - you sacrifice the other two happiness states for this one. it is the reaching of a goal that will bring you lifetime happiness. Sometimes though, you have to let the third one go for a bit to enjoy one of the others. I had voiced my concern to her about my "slacking" with my writing and she pointed out that my writing is more along the lines of the third kind - I make myself sit and write for an hour or so each day...not everyday to I want to do it, but still I sacrafice that time, that maybe I could be reading or doing something that I get the instant gratification from. But the last few days, I had to sacrifice that for some of the good days and hours, for some of the first two kinds of happiness. I did have those - I read and slept and enjoyed my kids. Well now, I am ready to focus again on my writing everyday. I have actually spent quite a few hours today and my writebrain activity shows it... here is to happiness - all three kinds.

No comments:

Post a Comment