Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Write brain exercise day three

today's task was to think of someone that drives me nuts and to send them somewhere and then talk about a postcard they would send me. Now, despite the fact that some people may know who I am talking about within this little exercise, I have changed the names to protect the innocent. Ok, maybe they are not so innocent, but still I value my life.



The postcard arrived on Monday. I was rather surprised to receive one at all. After all, Jamie was not the type to send postcard, let alone to me. She was however in a precarious situation. She somehow had been volunteered to endure the hardship of caring for 7 young girls between the ages of 9 and 12. This may not have been a serious issue if the girls had not been the 7 they were and where they slept. Now understand, I like camping probably better than the next person, but not in a tent with 7 girls who most of which had never slept away from parents let alone outside of a building. My daughter was the one exception and to be honest I regretted sending her with, but she wanted to go.

I think Jamie was truly pissed at me, to say the least. I had managed to come up with reasons, such as the fact that I had no one to watch the boys, since Michael had to work over the weekend. Thank God for retail management. After saying hello and you suck she went on to tell me everything that was happening. It started with her favorite camper – Jasmine. Now Jasmine is not a bad kid. She is just…unique. I think that would a good word for her. Jasmine’s mother is an interesting woman who likes to talk on the phone a lot and tends to have several physical problems that require drugs that make her “loopy” as Jasmine puts it. This woman loves to complain about Jamie almost as much as Jamie loves to complain about her. It is always a difficult situation when I have to listen to both sides and being the wimp that I am, agree with what ever both of them say. Apparently Jasmine is talking nonstop like her mother and telling her usual stories.

Then there was Sarah, the other leader’s daughter. I, of course have no idea how Lori got of it, but I can assure you that she came up with something good, despite the fact that she had planned the entire thing. You have to understand that talking to Jamie and Lori is almost as bad as Jasmine’s mom. They both have plenty to say about each other, but then unite when they are together. The difference between the previous situation and this one, is that I have to see them face to face and know exactly what they are thinking when they talk to each other. Sarah is spoiled to put it mildly. She once was extremely shy and after some therapy has come out of her shell and left the nest completely. She was complaining about being there, wanting to be home playing with her best friend.

The others I didn’t know so well, but she had an issue with each one, except for our daughters. She knew better than to complain about mine and hers never did anything wrong despite the fact that Jamie often threatened to beat her at the meetings.

So you can see why I nearly fell of my chair laughing when I received the postcard. All I could think about was that it was sweet revenge to read about her perils. Someday I may swallow my pride and go with her on a trip, but then I do value my sanity and the thought of spending more than one night with her and the other children is more than I can bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment